Official Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter or win. Making a purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Void where prohibited by law.
- Who may enter: This Sweepstakes is open to any natural person who (i) is 18 years old or older (ii) has the required legal capacity to consent, (iii) is a resident of the United States of America or Canada, and (iii) is a lawful user of Facebook, with Internet access at the time of entry. The following persons are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes: (a) employees of JPay, and any affiliates and subsidiaries (the “Sponsor”), (b) employees of any organizations directly involved with this Sweepstakes, (c) immediate family members and persons living in the same household as the persons identified in (a) or (b) above, and (d) incarcerated individuals.
- Sweepstakes Period: : JPay Stamps must be used between 9:00 AM Eastern Standard Time on February 14, 2020 and Midnight Eastern Standard Time of February 16, 2020. All postal mail submissions must be post marked no later than February 16, 2020 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- How to enter: (1) Follow the JPay Facebook page; and (2) review the contest rules and regulations at the link provided by JPay. Entrants with a valid JPay account who use at least one JPay Stamp between 9:00 AM Eastern Standard Time on February 14, 2020 and Midnight Eastern Standard Time of February 16, 2020 will be entered for a chance to win a $1,000.00 American Express Gift Card. Eligible JPay Stamp transactions include sending an email, adding an attachment to an email, sending a 30-second VideoGram and sending a Snap n’ Send photo through JPay.com or the JPay Mobile App (available for both Android and iPhone). Each JPay Stamp utilized will be considered as one (1) entry. JPay reserves the right to publicize the Sweepstakes through its JPay web pages and its blogs and profiles in social networks (collectively, the “Web Media”).
- Alternative Entry: You can also enter the Sweepstakes by (1) writing your full name, phone number and the email address associated with your JPay account on a piece of paper and mailing it to: 12864 Biscayne Blvd, Suite 243, Miami, FL 33181. The envelope must be postmarked no later than February 16, 2020; and (2) Emailing Facebook@JPay.com with the subject line “JPay Stamp Weekend,” and including your full name, email address associated with your JPay account and phone number in the body of the email. Each Alternative Entry utilized will be considered as one (1) entry.
- Prizes: There will be one (1) winner. The prize is a $1,000.00 American Express Gift Card. The odds of winning will depend upon the number of valid entries received.
- Awarding Prizes: The prize winner will be determined at the close of the Sweepstakes Period and the winner will be contacted by JPay via the email address supplied during entry. The prize winner will be selected on February 20, 2020. The winner will be selected at random. All valid Entrants will be identified and the winner will be selected by a random number generator. The decision of the Sponsor is final. The winner may be asked to provide written electronic consent to use of their user name, photo and likeness at the time of notification.
- Claiming prize: JPay will mail the gift card to the address provided by the winner.
- Use of Sweepstakes Data: Sponsor (JPay) will use the name and email associated with the JPay account provided by Entrants for the purposes of implementing, conducting and managing the Sweepstakes. Entrants are cautioned that participation is limited to natural persons 18 years old or older, therefore Sponsor reserves the right to ask Entrants, at any time, to provide evidence that they are 18 years old or older. Likewise, Entrants authorize the processing and disclosure of certain personal data, including disclosure of their user names and image on the Internet through the Web Media for the purposes of implementing, promoting, managing and commercially exploiting the results of the Sweepstakes. Entrants expressly accept that their user name and entry shall be processed for the purposes herein described, including –where necessary for the purposes of implementing, promoting and managing the Sweepstakes– the disclosure or transfer of such personal data to other companies related to the fulfillment of the Sweepstakes.
By accepting the prize, the winner consents to Sponsor’s use of his or her user name, photograph and/or likeness, and statements made by or attributed to the winner, in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereafter developed for all business purposes without additional compensation, except to the extent prohibited by law. The authorized account holder of the JPay email account used to enter the Sweepstakes at the time of entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these rules in the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same e-mail account. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to our satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. Sponsor’s address is 12864 Biscayne Blvd, Suite 243, Miami, FL 33181.
- Limitation of Liability: Except where prohibited by law, by entering this Sweepstakes, Entrants release and hold harmless Sponsor, its owners, directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of any prize won. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. If any provision of these Rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- Release: Sponsor, and its owners, directors, officers, employees and agents (the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transfer of entry information, human error, technical malfunction, lost/delayed data transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof, inability to access web sites, damage to a user’s computer system (hardware and/or software) due to participation in this Sweepstakes or any other problem or error that may occur, or for late, lost, inaccurate, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, mechanically reproduced, or illegible entries. Entries submitted using any kind of robotic, programmed or other similar automated technology will be void.
- Right to cancel Sweepstakes: Sponsor may, at any time and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and in Sponsor’s sole discretion, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who attempts to interfere or tamper with the entry process.
- Not Affiliated with Facebook or American Express: This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed, administered or associated in any manner whatsoever with Facebook or American Express. By entering this Sweepstakes, Entrants acknowledge that neither Facebook nor American Express shall have any legal responsibility or liability to Entrants. The information provided by the Entrants within the scope of this Sweepstakes is not provided to Facebook or American Express.
- Choice of Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida.